The first debate is exactly what I expected. Filled with clearly laid out policies and thoughts from Clinton, freestyled opinions by Trump, and a few lies from both. At one point, I was embarrassed to be an American because the debate carried on like an SNL skit. At another point, I reflected on the current state of America, understanding the logical order of how we got here. This is a paradigm shift.
While I genuinely think that Trump is a fool, I think it is most foolish not to vote. Today is National Voter Registration Day. Take some time to register to vote, if you have not. Google has a cool voter information//deadline tracker here.
It’s been 6 weeks since my last post. Between my daytime gig and two side hustles, I’m super busy and loving it. Working my way out of the graduate school debt aggressively.
1. The S&P500 dropped by 2.3% over the last week (and dropped 1.8% since my last market update on 07/23/16).
2. The first 2016 U.S. presidential debate will be held September 26th. The debate, held on NBC, will be moderated by Lester Holt. Don’t forget to register to vote!
3. Clinton apologizes for calling half of Trump’s supporters “deplorable.”
4. America and Russia agree on a 7-day ceasefire in Syria, beginning Monday, September 12th. This will allow both countries to target ISIS and al-Nusra.
5. Fourteen states had significant heroin rate increases from 2013 to 2014. More than 10,500 people died of a heroin overdose in 2014, whereas a decade earlier, there were ~1,900 annual deaths. Source: Newsy